Malaysiakini NEWS

Kinrara Oval to remain - Syed Saddiq

Bernama
Published:

The Youth and Sports Ministry has confirmed that the cabinet has given special approval to the Malaysian Cricket Association (MCA) to continue operations at the Kinrara Oval.

Its minister Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman in a statement today said the decision puts an end to the crisis between the association and the land owner, Perumahan Kinrara Berhad (PKB), following the land lease which commenced on Nov 1, 2013 expiring on Oct 31 last year.

"The ministry has held discussions with the stakeholders involved including PKB. The discussions on the extension period for MCA’s operations will be held tripartite between my ministry, PKB and MCA later for an amicable solution,” he said.

Syed Saddiq added that the decision by the government was to ensure development of the sport.

Kinrara Oval is a top-notch facility for cricket and MCA has spent millions to develop it to be world class.

The venue has hosted several international meets including the Under-19 World Cup and the cricket events of the KL 2017 SEA Games.

- Bernama  

Share this story

OR

Welcome back,

Your subscription expires on
  

Your subscription will expire soon, kindly renew before
  

Your subscription is expired
  Click here to renew

You are not subscribed to any subscription package
  Click here to subscribe now

Any questions?
  Email: [email protected]
  Call: +603-777-00000

Renew