KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed, in brief.
1. Former tourism minister Mohamaddin Ketapi (above) has been condemned for his remarks that are seen as insulting towards security forces involved in the 2013 Ops Daulat. He has apologised, and Warisan president Shafie Apdal said he will ask Mohamaddin for an explanation.
2. Umno supreme council member Mohd Razlan Rafii is undergoing confirmation testing for Covid-19 after testing positive on a rapid test kit for the virus. The trial against Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has been postponed pending a Covid-19 test result as well.
5. Parti Solidariti Tanah Airku (Star) president Jeffrey Kitingan said his party is no longer backing independent candidates in the Sabah state election.
7. Communications and Multimedia Minister Saifuddin Abdullah said his ministry is studying the need for specific legislation to curb cyberbullying.
8. Former Court of Appeal judge VC George has urged the Dewan Negara to reconsider amendments to drunk driving laws because it takes away the discretion of judges in meting out sentences.
10. PKR has suspended its member Daing Muhammad Reduan Bachok pending a court decision on allegations he had assaulted the party’s vice-president Rafizi Ramli in 2018.