- Previous lists: Dec 30 | Dec 31 | Jan 1 | Jan 2 | Jan 3 | Jan 4 | Jan 5 | Jan 6 | Jan 7 | Jan 8 | Jan 9 | Jan 10 | Jan 11 | Jan 12 | Jan 13 | Jan 14 | Jan 15
- Latest locations added: Senai, Kluang, Johor; Nilai, N Sembilan; Bentong, Pahang; Teluk Intan, Perak; Bukit Gantang, Changkat Jering, Simpang, Perak; Residensi 222, KL; Mitsubishi Motors, Shah Alam; Sky Condominium, S'gor; various Top Glove factories; Sky Villa, D'Island Residence, Puchong; Eu Yan Sang, Taipan.
Below are verified locations that are reported to be affected today.
Malaysiakini will continue adding to the list as more locations are announced.
If you know any locations which were announced today but are not listed here, please send an email to [email protected]
For a list of locations affected in the past 14 days, please visit the Kini News Lab's Covid-19 tracker.
- Urban Transformation Centre (UTC), Jalan Hang Tuah, Malacca
The building was shut for sanitation immediately yesterday after a staff member tested positive for Covid-19, Utusan Malaysia reported.
The staff member works in the management division and is believed to have been infected after contact with her father who tested positive for Covid-19.
Operations resumed this morning.
- Taman Juta Intan, Teluk Intan, Perak
A total of 14 cases were detected at this residential area to date, the Health Ministry said.
They make up the Taman Juta cluster which was detected through screening the index case, who was symptomatic on Jan 9.
- Kampung Lebu, Bentong, Pahang
A total 21 cases were detected to date at this village, the Health Ministry said.
They make up the Kampung Lebu cluster, which was traced to a wedding and tahlil (religious event) in the Bentong and Kuantan districts.
The index case was detected through contact tracing on Jan 5.
- Kampung Jelutong, Bukit Gantang, Perak
PAS vice-president Idris Ahmad had attended a funeral at 9.30 am in this village on Jan 7.
He was shown wearing a face mask at this event in the pictures posted on his social media.
He later tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 16.
- Various localities in Perak
Idris also attended programs to give educational materials to schoolchildren in several residential localities in Perak on Jan 4, 5 and 6.He was shown wearing a face mask at this event in the pictures posted on his social media.
The localities he visited for the program are as follows:
- Pekan Trong, Terong, Perak
- Kampung Changkat Ibol, Changkat Jering, Perak
- Kampung Sungai Tinggi, Bukit Gantang, Perak
- Pusat Asuhan Tunas Islam (Pasti), Kampung Cheh, Changkat Jering, Perak
- Kampung Senduk Batu 8, Changkat Jering, Perak
- Taman Berkat, Simpang, Perak
- Residensi 222, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur
A resident of Level 23A tested positive for Covid-19 and has been sent to a hospital, the management said in a notice yesterday.
Others in the same unit are under home quarantine while common areas are disinfected.
- Sky Condominium, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Selangor
A resident of Level 6, Tower E tested positive for Covid-19, the management said in a notice today.
Today's case is the second on Tower E this week, the first being on Level 7 on Jan 14.
Disinfection of affected common areas was done by a specialist earlier today.
- Kampung KL Tin, Kerling, Selangor
All homes in the village were sanitised by DAP volunteers yesterday after several residents tested positive for Covid-19.
- Nova 1 Apartment, Segambut, Kuala Lumpur
A Covid-19 case was detected among residents here yesterday, the management said.
He was last at the building on Jan 12, and is now in quarantine elsewhere pending a second swab test by the Ministry of Health, it said.
The management will conduct localised sanitation while awaiting further instructions for disinfection by the ministry.
- Fortune Perdana, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
A resident has tested positive for Covid-19, the management said in a notice yesterday.
Disinfection work is underway while cleaners have been instructed to sanitise all frequently touched surfaces in common areas.
- Sri Impian, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
A resident of Block B tested positive for Covid-19 and has been sent to hospital, the management said in a notice yesterday.
The resident's family members will quarantine at home for 10 days.
- Kantan Court, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
A second Covid-19 case was detected at Level 12 of Block B1 here on Jan 11, the management said yesterday.
The person was still in quarantine at home the time the notice, the management said.
Sanitation is underway.
- Seri Maya Condominium, Jalan Jelatek, Kuala Lumpur
Two more residents tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday, while another tested positive for Covid-19 today, the management said.
They all reside in different units of Block C, the management said.
Family members and housemates who share the same units are under quarantine, it said.
Common areas in Block C will be sanitised and further disinfection will be done after the infected residents are send to hospital.
- The Zest @ Kinrara 9, Puchong, Selangor
Another two residents have tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday bringing the total to three, the management said.
The latest cases are in Blocks A and C while the Jan 9 case was at Block B.
The management will continue with daily sanitation of common areas.
- Glomac Damansara Residences, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
Another resident tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday, making it six this month, the management said in a notice to residents, sighted by Malaysiakini.
The first three cases reported on Jan 6 have recovered, while two who tested positive on Jan 11 and 13 are in home quarantine as advised by the Health Ministry, while the latest case is in home quarantine pending advice from the ministry.
The management urged those who used the gym to monitor themselves for symptoms as the resident who tested positive yesterday had used the gym on Dec 31.
- Denai Impian, Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam
A resident of Block 1 tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 12, the management said.
The management said it will do intensive cleaning to curb the virus from spreading in the community.
- Vina Residency, Kajang, Selangor
A 59-year-old resident of Block B, who tested positive for Covid-19, died at home on Jan 9 while waiting to be fetched to hospital, Sin Chew Daily reported.
The management was reportedly not informed of the resident's status until the ambulance arrived.
Seven others who live in the same unit are under home quarantine.
- Sky Villa, D'Island Residence, Puchong, Selangor
Three residents have tested positive for Covid-19 since Dec 31, 2020, including one today, the management said in a notice to residents.
It said all cases are in Tower 1 but are unrelated to each other, and there is no evidence of a community spread in Sky Villa.
Common facilities will be closed and visitors not allowed for the time being.
- Ben's Independent Grocer, Plaza Batai, Kuala Lumpur
Two security guards here tested positive for Covid-19 today, the supermarket said. They last reported for work yesterday.
The store will undergo deep sanitisation while other staff who had close contact will undergo Covid-19 testing and home quarantine.
- Eu Yan Sang, Taipan, Subang Jaya, Selangor
The management confirmed in a notice dated Jan 12 that a part-time employee had tested positive for Covid-19 from routine screening.
The staff was last at work on Jan 12.
The store will be closed until further notice. Sanitisation and disinfection have been carried out in the store.
All other employees at the same branch have gone for screening and been placed under quarantine.
FACTORIES AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS
- Jalan Cyber 2, Senai Industrial Estate 3, Senai, Johor
Several factories along this road reported cases among employees.
They make up the Senai Cyber cluster, with 114 cases to date.
- Jalan Sembrong, Taman Perindustrian Sembrong, Kluang, Johor
A total of 18 cases were detected at workers' dormitories here, the Health Ministry said.
They make up the Jalan Sembrong cluster.
- Jalan Permata 1/3, Arab Malaysian Industrial Park, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan
A total 61 of 414 workers screened at businesses along this road tested positive for Covid-19, the Health Ministry said.
They make up the Jalan Permata cluster.
- Various Top Glove facilities in multiple states
Covid-19 cases were detected at glovemaker Top Glove Bhd 's facilities in Port Dickson (Negeri Sembilan), Sungai Puloh, Klang (Selangor), Shah Alam (Selangor) and Kulim (Kedah).
All staff at Port Dickson were screened by the Health Ministry on Jan 14 while screening at Sungai Puloh, Kulim and Shah Alam are underway.
- Mitsubishi Motors (M) Sdn Bhd, Dataran PHB, Shah Alam, Selangor
An employee of Mitsubishi Motors (M) Sdn Bhd, located at Level 6, Block A tested positive for Covid-19 today.
The block is temporarily closed until 12 noon tomorrow for sanitation, the building management said in a notice.
- Kangar PAS Complex, Kangar, Perlis
PAS vice-president Idris Ahmad had attended an event here on the night of Jan 7, according to his social media.
In the pictures on his social media, he was shown sitting on a panel with Perlis PAS leaders wearing a face mask.
It was later reported he had tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 16.
- Selangor PAS office, Shah Alam, Selangor
PAS vice-president Idris Ahmad posted on his social media that he had visited and signed the guestbook at the Selangor PAS office on Jan 6.
He was shown wearing a face mask in the picture.
This was 10 days before he tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 16.
- Dewan Tuan Guru Hj Ahmad Hj Yunus, Bukit Gantang, Perak
PAS vice-president Idris Ahmad had attended a back-to-school contribution programme at this location on Jan 6.
He had presented gifts onstage to some of those in attendance. He was wearing a face mask in the pictures posted on his social media.
Idris later tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 16.