Latest locations added: Ben's Independent Grocer, Batai outlet, KL; Low Yat Plaza, KL; Vista Mutiara, Kepong, KL; Casa Magna, Kepong, KL.
Below are verified locations that are reported to be affected today.
Malaysiakini will continue adding to the list as more locations are announced.
If you know any locations which were announced today but are not listed here, please send an email to [email protected]
For a list of locations affected in the past 14 days, please visit the Kini News Lab's Covid-19 tracker.
- Ben's Independent Grocer, Batai outlet, Kuala Lumpur
Several employees at the seafood section of the supermarket tested positive on Jan 8, it said.
They were last at the supermarket on Jan 8.
As such, the seafood counter will be closed from Jan 9 onwards.
Close contacts have been identified, undergone screening and under quarantine.
- Low Yat Plaza, Kuala Lumpur
Several individuals who work for retailers at this IT mall were found Covid-19 positive in the past one week, according to a businessperson linked to several businesses there.
Malaysiakini has independently verified that cases have been reported here, although not all involved employees.
When contacted, a spokesperson said the mall will not be making any announcements.
- Isetan KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
The company issued a notice today saying that a promoter of Isetan KLCC, who works at the 1st floor of the outlet, has tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 7.
It said the case was identified as an external infection.
Following this, the store has undergone deep sanitisation and disinfection.
- Isetan The Japan Store, Lot 10, Kuala Lumpur
The company issued a notice today saying that two promoters at this outlet tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 9. Both of them work at its Lower Ground Floor.
The case was identified as an external infection.
Following this, the store has undergone deep sanitisation and disinfection.
- Kesedar Inn, Gua Musang, Kelantan
Galas assemblyperson Mohd Syahbuddin Hashim attended an event by Jabatan Perpaduan dan Integrasi at this hotel on Jan 1.
Photographs showed he did not wear a face mask or maintain physical distancing.
He tested positive for Covid-19 10 days later.
- RexKL, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur
A busker who performed here at 3-5pm on Jan 2 tested positive for Covid-19, RexKL said in a notice today.
Staff will undergo Covid-19 screening while the building is temporarily closed for sanitation.
- Imbi Plaza, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
A tenant on the ground floor tested positive for Covid-19, the management said in a notice to tenants yesterday.
The shopping complex is closed today for sanitation and will reopen tomorrow.
- Tapestry, Jalan Kamunting, Kuala Lumpur
A staff member tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday, the restaurant said.
The employee was last at work on Jan 9, he was sent home in the morning after he disclosed feeling fatigued.
The restaurant is closed for sanitisation starting today and staff will undergo Covid-19 screening.
- Pastry Pro, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
The Kepong headquarters and Kepong retail showroom were closed on Friday after a logistics driver tested positive.
Other staff members in all retail outlets tested negative upon screening on Saturday.
All outlets have been sanitised and business resumes today.
- Huckleberry, Bangsar Shopping Centre, Kuala Lumpur
A kitchen staff member tested positive for Covid-19, the restaurant said in a notice today.
He was last at the restaurant on Jan 7.
The outlet is closed for sanitation while staff will undergo testing and quarantine.
- TMC Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
Two employees tested positive for Covid-19 today, the supermarket said.
It is closed for 24 hours starting today for sanitation and deep cleaning.
- Komune, Wisma UOA II, KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
The co-working space is temporarily closed for disinfection after a guest tested positive, Komune said.
The guest last visited the premises on Jan 4.
- Bursa Malaysia, Bukit Kewangan, Kuala Lumpur
Another employee tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the tally of infected Bursa employees in the past week to three.
The exchange said the premises has been sanitised while all other staff members who had contact with the infected employees will undergo Covid-19 screening and quarantine.
- TalentCorp, Surian Tower, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
TalentCorp's headquarters is closed for sanitation today after an employee tested positive for Covid-19 over the weekend, it said.
The Malaysia Expatriate Talent Service Centre (MYXpats Centre) will continue operating as usual, it added.
- Malaysiakini, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
A second non-editorial member of the news organisation tested positive for Covid-19.
The employee was last at the office on Jan 8 to undergo Covid-19 testing with other colleagues who had exposure to the first case.
The employee was also at work for another three days last week but observed standard operating procedures including wearing a mask at all times.
All exposed staff are under quarantine and will undergo another Covid-19 test at the end of the quarantine period.
- IOI City Tower 2, IOI Resort City, Putrajaya
An employee of IOI Corporation Berhad's Treasury Department on Level 28 tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 8, the company said in a circular to staff.
All 25 other employees who had close contact are in quarantine while deep cleaning and sanitation have been done.
All IOI offices at the building remain open, it added.
- Q Sentral, KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur
Occupants of levels 26 and 36 have tested positive for Covid-19, the management said.
They were last in the building on Jan 7 and 8 respectively.
All common areas will be sanitised.
This is the third case reported at this building in the past week and the fourth in the past month.
- Puncak Baiduri, Cheras, Selangor
A resident of Block B tested positive for Covid-19 today, the management said.
A professional cleaning company will conduct disinfection in common areas.
- DAP Headquarters, Jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur
A staff member of the political party office was tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 6, 2021.
Malaysiakini learned that following this incident, all other staff were sent for Covid-19 screening tests last week.
Sanitisation works have also been carried out at the premises.
- Vista Mutiara, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
A resident of Block A tested positive for Covid-19 and was taken to hospital, the management said today.
Sanitisation has been done, it added.
- Casa Magna, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
A resident of Block A is the latest at this condominium to test positive for Covid-19, the management said today.
All frequently touched surfaces in common areas and facilities have been sanitised.
- SK 1, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
A resident of Block B tested positive for Covid-19, the management said today, the second within the past week.
Common areas at both blocks will be disinfected.
- Sri Putramas, Jalan Kuching, Kuala Lumpur
A Block C resident tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday, the management said.
Residents are urged to avoid all lifts until they are sanitised.
- Jasmine Towers, SS2, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
A resident of Block B tested positive for Covid-19, the management said in a notice today.
Those who had contact with this person are in home quarantine while all possibly contaminated areas will be disinfected.
- 10 Mont Kiara, Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
A resident at Level 25 of Block B has been tested positive for Covid-19, according to a notice sent out by the condominium management today.
The management office has also arranged for disinfectant spray works to be carried out at the complex.
Following this incident, visitors and trainers are temporarily not allowed at the condominium, while some facilities are also closed.
- Bistari Condominium, Jalan Putra, Kuala Lumpur
A family of three residing here tested positive for Covid-19 and now in hospital, the management said on Saturday.
Affected areas have been sanitised.
- Residensi Wangsamas, Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur
A resident tested positive for Covid-19, the management said today.
Affected areas have been sanitised, it added.
This is the second case here, with the first reported on Dec 11.
- Kampung Pulai, Kolam Mas, Jalan Perantara Batu 1 dan Batu 2 and Kampung Belakang Taman Rimba, Gua Musang, Kelantan
Galas assemblyperson Mohd Sahbuddin Hashim inspected damage caused by floods here on Jan 5 and 6.
He tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 11.
In a photo uploaded onto his Facebook, he was not wearing a face mask, including when chatting with locals, except for at Kampung Belakang Taman Rimba on Jan 5 when he was masked and kept a physical distance from locals.
- CloudTree Residence, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
The condominium recently recorded three Covid-19 positive cases among its residents.
Malaysiakini contacted its management to confirm a Jan 4 notice and learned that two more cases have been detected since, with the latest being today at Block A.
Two earlier cases were recorded at Block E.
Sanitisation has been carried out at common areas and common touch surfaces.
- Glomac Residensi Damansara, Kuala Lumpur
A resident of Tower B tested positive for Covid-19 on Jan 10, making it the fourth case there to date.
The patient is in home quarantine pending instructions from the Health Ministry, the management said in a notice issued to residents and sighted by Malaysiakini.
- Flora Damansara (Medium), Damansara Perdana, Selangor
Six residents of Block H have tested positive for Covid-19, the management said in a notice to residents.
Sanitation has been done, according to the notice on Saturday.
- Various residential areas in Kulai, Johor
According to the Kulai Health Department, several residential areas reported Covid 19 cases yesterday.
They are Taman Handal (3 cases), Kampung Sri Maju (1), Taman Desa (1), Jalan SAC 4 (2), Taman Sri Senai (1), Taman Perindu (2), Jalan Persiaran Selasih (1), Jalan Tiong (1) and Taman Desa Idaman (3) in the Senai subdistrict.
In the Kulai subdistrict, cases were recorded in Taman Teknologi (2), Jalan Sena (1) and Jalan Cempaka (1).
- Various localities in Lipis, Temerloh, Maran, Raub, Pekan, Bentong and Kuantan, Pahang
For the first time since the pandemic, the Pahang Health Department yesterday provided the localities which recorded Covid-19 cases that day.
Some of them correspond to villages or residential areas. They include:
- Kampung Jara, Maran (1 case, close contact)
- Taman Raub Jaya, Raub (1 case, close contact to an interstate traveller from Selangor)
- Taman Temerloh Jaya, Temerloh (1 case, linked to the Satang cluster in Kuala Lumpur)
- Kampung Sepagar, Pekan (1 case, imported from Putrajaya)
- Lorong Tok Sira, Kuantan (1 case, symptomatic screening)
- Taman Tanah Putih Baru, Kuantan (1 case, imported from Selangor)
For the full list of locations of the 41 cases reported in Pahang yesterday, see here.
- Various residential areas of Kulim, Baling, Kubang Pasu, Kota Setar and Kuala Muda, Kedah
The Kedah Health Department yesterday provided a list of residential areas in the state which recorded Covid-19 cases on Jan 9. They are:
- Taman Lagenda (2 cases), Taman Seri Setia (1), Kampung Jubai Bawah (1), Taman Mutiara (1), Kulim Square (1) and Taman Kulim Utama (1).
- Taman Desa Bidara (1 case) and Taman Batu Pekaka (1).
- Taman Suria 3 (1 case), Taman Jelutong (1), Kampung Pida 7 Baru Batu 4 (1) and Taman Gemilang (1).
- Taman Simpang Jaya (3 cases), Taman Wira (1), Taman PKNK (1), Taman Seroja (1) and Taman Kancil 5 (1).
- Bandar Seri Astana (2 cases), Bandar Perdana (1), Taman Kelis Ria (1), Taman Delima (3), Taman Arked (1), Taman Lembah Bujang (1), Taman Nilam (4), Taman Mesra Indah (1), Pekan Lama (1), Taman Mutiara Indah (1), Taman Sejati Indah (1), Taman Ria Jaya (1) and Taman Ria Indah (1).
- SM Tengku Indera Petra 1, Gua Musang, Kelantan
Galas assemblyperson Mohd Sahbuddin Hashim visited flood victims temporarily housed here, seven days before he tested positive for Covid-19.
Several flood victims did not wear face masks or wore them under their noses.
- French School of Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Dutamas Raya, Kuala Lumpur
Two students and a maintenance staff member at the school tested positive for Covid-19, the school informed parents. Students were let off early today and transportation home can be arranged from 11am onwards.
The students who tested positive were from the same family and from elementary and secondary classes. The maintenance worker was last at the premises on Jan 7. He was asymptomatic.
The school will close for seven days pending advice from the Health Ministry.
- Balai Rakyat Bukit Cekati, Gua Musang, Kelantan
Galas assemblyperson Mohd Syahbuddin Hashim attended the Umno Gua Musang division's general assembly here on Jan 2, nine days before testing positive for Covid-19.
Photographs show he and most other attendees did not wear face masks.
Also in attendance was Gua Musang MP Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah.
PLACES OF WORSHIP
- Masjid Razaleigh, Gua Musang, Kelantan
Galas assemblyperson Mohd Syahbuddin Hashim had on Jan 1 accompanied Gua Musang MP Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah to visit the newly-completed mosque.
Neither he nor most of the entourage wore face masks or maintained physical distancing.
Mohd Syahbuddin tested positive for Covid-19 10 days later.
FACTORIES AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS
- Jalan Perindustrian 1, Senai, Johor
A total of 48 cases were recorded here yesterday, the Kulai Health Office said.
- Galas constituency service centre, Gua Musang, Kelantan
Galas assemblyperson Mohd Syahbuddin Hashim was at his service centre to receive donations for flood victims from Gabungan Pelajar Melayu Semenanjung (GPMS) on Jan 8, three days before he tested positive for Covid-19.
The assemblyperson then had dinner with the student activists.
Photographs uploaded onto the assemblyperson's Facebook page showed neither the students nor Syahbuddin were wearing masks.
On the same day, he also visited constituency members at their homes and was photographed chatting with them without a face mask on.
According to his social media posts, he also held various meetings here in the past week, including distributing school uniforms to needy children.