COMMENT | When polling for the 14th general election takes place on May 9, caretaker prime minister Najib Abdul Razak and Umno must be deposed, and this must be done by the Malays – young and old, men and women alike.
They have a duty to save the country. They have a duty to no longer be blinded by orchestrated hoaxes, lies and deceptions.
Here are 12 reasons why:
1. Najib refuses to name his exceedingly generous Arab donor and the purpose of the donation. Why? What’s he hiding?
2. Najib has never explained how he intended to use the money, or if he, in fact, had begged for it.
3. Najib won’t reveal what conditions, if any, were attached to the donation. Arab royals are not the type to ‘donate’ money unless there is something in it for them in return. Ditto with China.
4. Najib refuses to provide evidence to back his claim that he has returned all or most of the donation.
5. Money of that size being transferred into and out of the country would have required the express knowledge and approval of Bank Negara. Najib must show evidence of this approval...
Unrestrained power in your hands
For almost 20 years, Malaysiakini has stayed true to the cause of providing the Malaysian public with the truth. We believe that with unadulterated information, the people will obtain power to make informed decisions.
Decisions which lead to a healthy, robust nation - ours!
Keep the truth alive. Support your robust, independent media. You have the unrestrained power to do so.
Who says it's not our fault?
We aren’t trained to take responsibility.
Everytime we observe an injustice - and choose to keep mum - the prevalence of injustice becomes our fault.
Astute journalism paves the way for the public to be continuously furnished with the fastidious truth. You are continuously empowered to act and to uphold the integrity of the nation.
The Rakyat owns Malaysiakini
We choose to take a risk on independent media because we believe that only through independent reporting can one be NOT beholden to the interest of businesses or organisations. This allows us to really pursue the truth - aggressively.
Independent for 20 years.
The victorious people
In the light of holding the truth to power, Malaysiakini will continue to uphold its mission of providing credible news to its discerning public. Your support for Malaysiakini is always treasured as a testament of innate nationalism. Your victory is our history.
Quietly. Effectively. Says it all. Malaysiakini.
Speaking truth to power
When we embarked on this journey 20 years ago, we knew we would face intimidation, harassment, raids, arrests and perhaps even jail terms. We got into this venture with our eyes wide open.
The main reason we have survived this long - when many others have folded - is partly because we are prudent in our finances. But while we may be tightfisted in our budgeting, we do not hold back when it comes to speaking truth to power and holding power to account. And certainly, this new administration will not stop us from continuing to do so.