The Health Ministry has tested 35 of the 36 people who attended the May 20 post-cabinet meeting that was chaired by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
The 35 have tested negative and have been placed on home quarantine for 14 days, said the ministry’s director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (above) today.
“We have swabbed all 35 members and all of them were negative.
“Having said that, even though they tested negative, we need to quarantine them as part of our standard operating procedure (SOP).
“Hopefully all 35 members will self-quarantine at home for 14 days. On the 13th day we will repeat the swab test again,” he said during his daily Covid-19 briefing this afternoon.
The 36th person at the meeting was Auditor-General Nik Azman Nik Abdul Majid who has been tested positive for the virus.
Noor Hisham shared that Nik Azman is being treated in isolation in a hospital.
Active case detection is also being done on his family members.
The top official noted that social distancing and other standard operating procedures had been observed during the May 20 meeting.
“Officers that attended the meeting needed to wash their hands before they could come into the meeting room. We also tried to avoid confined spaces during the meeting,” he said.