Pakatan MPs won't get briefing any time soon
MH370 Pakatan Rakyat parliamentarians will not get a briefing on the Flight MH370 crisis any time soon, the government has decided.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Shahidan Kassim ( left ) said the government first has to concentrate on setting up "various investigation committees", as has been announced.
These include the special technical team, next-of-kin committee, search committee and international working committee.
"As such, the government feels that a complete briefing will only be delivered once the committees have done their investigations and have new facts to present," Shahidan said.
Shahidan said this in a statement circulated to the media at the Parliament lobby in response to a request by DAP whip Anthony Loke.
Loke had requested for a briefing on MH370 for Pakatan MPs on April 2.
BN MPs had received a briefing on the matter at a hotel in the Klang Valley last month.
"I hope that Loke will agree with the government's decision...
"I would also like to stress that the government has nothing to hide on MH370 and all information have been released in a transparent manner through press conferences telecast around the world," he added.
For more news and views that matter, subscribe and support independent media for only RM0.36 sen a day:
Subscribe now