KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad confirmed that it was he who chose former PKR member Latheefa Koya as the new MACC chief, and admitted that he did not consult the Cabinet on the appointment.
2. Mahathir also said a Royal Commission of Inquiry into alleged judicial misconduct was preferred over an internal inquiry, as this was what the people wanted.
3. MACC deputy chief commissioner Azam Baki defended Latheefa's appointment, stating that 10 out of 13 chiefs of the commission have been "outsiders".
4. PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution said Latheefa was no longer a PKR member, and that she had sent in her resignation as a party member via email one day before her appointment to the MACC.
5. DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang cautioned the MACC against becoming a "victim of complacency".
6. Western Australia is adamant that it will not take in Lynas' waste from its Kuantan facility ahead of a bilateral meeting with Malaysia.
7. A new chief executive officer has been appointed to Telekom Malaysia, but the government has yet to reveal the person's identity.