KINI ROUNDUP | Key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Home Minister Muhyiddin Yassin urged Malaysians to cool down after observing rising temperatures fanned by sentiments surrounding race, religion and royalty.
2. Police thanked the public for not attending a rally against controversial preacher Dr Zakir Naik.
3. Youth and Sports Minister Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman buried the hatchet with Zakir. Deputy Foreign Minister Marzuki Yahya, meanwhile, claimed the cabinet decided not to deport the preacher, which sources denied.
4. Syed Saddiq skirted around the issue of 13 Bersatu members being appointed as state sports coordinators, saying that it was impossible to know the political leanings of all his ministry staff.
5. Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu will meet state exco Paul Yong who has refused to go on leave after being charged with alleged rape. Perak state assembly speaker Ngeh Khoo Ham defended his claim that Yong was framed.