KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. V Mabel Muthayyah, a former secretariat head in the Attorney-General's Chambers, has filed an RM100 million lawsuit against Clare Rewcastle-Brown for defamation over a 2015 article. The Sarawak Report editor later said that she had not heard anything about the lawsuit.
2. Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad said that the government needs proof of allegations that Orang Asli women in Gua Musang were tricked or forced into accepting birth control injections before taking action.
3. Rembau MP Khairy Jamaluddin said he will move a motion to sanction Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng if the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) finds that money meant for GST refunds were not “robbed”.
4. Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who turned 94 on Wednesday, was pleasantly surprised when the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah threw him a birthday party at the Istana Negara in Kuala Lumpur.
5. DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang said he was tickled by Umno secretary-general Annuar Musa for using him as an example to justify the appointment of former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak as the BN advisory board chairperson.
"I am quite tickled by the teaser from Annuar - 'Why not Najib? Kit Siang lost elections but remains DAP adviser'. It has only confirmed Annuar is not a very bright chap," Lim said.
6. Susanna Koh, the wife of pastor Raymond Koh, who Suhakam said could have been kidnapped by the police, has welcomed the government's decision to make changes to a task force looking into Koh's alleged "enforced disappearance" as well as that of Perlis activist Amri Che Mat. However, she still has some concerns.
7. PKR assemblyperson Juwairiya Zulkifli has lodged a police report following allegations she had an affair with Selangor Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari. The Bukit Melawati representative further insisted that she was not at the location of the purported sexual dalliance captured on a CCTV recording.
8. DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng said the party will wait for the police to complete their investigation into Perak state executive councillor Paul Yong, who is accused of raping his domestic worker, adding that he has also asked Perak DAP to handle the matter and provide him with a report.
9. A cook was found dead in a massage chair at the departure hall of the Miri Airport, while waiting for his flight to Singapore.