KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang and deputy president Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man retained their positions uncontested.
2. The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) is expected to table its report on the alleged misuse of the goods and services tax (GST) refund next month.
3. DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang said the appointment of former PKR member Latheefa Koya as MACC chief was legally right but "politically wrong".
4. PKR vice-president Tian Chua defended Latheefa, stating that even he has had friction with her before due to her tenacious personality but she is a good choice.
5. The Parliamentary Select Committee on Public Appointments wants Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad to clarify the panel's scope.
6. Minister in the Prime Minister's Department P Waythamoorthy confirmed that 14 Orang Asli from the Bateq tribe have died in Kuala Koh, Gua Musang, but only two deaths have thus far been confirmed as being caused by illness.
7. Johor ruler Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar will meet with Bersatu division chiefs after earlier hosting a Hari Raya open house with Umno leaders.