KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Khadem al-Qubaisi and Mohammed Badawy al-Husseiny, two key conspirators in the 1MDB scandal, were sentenced to jail for 15 and 10 years respectively by an Abu Dhabi court for unrelated financial crimes.
2. The Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry will summon cement industry players over their proposal to hike prices.
3. PKR deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali demanded that his party explain how those who disseminated sex videos implicating him were able to obtain the contact numbers of party branch leaders.
4. PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution Ismail denied that personal data was leaked for the circulation of the sex videos, but said that contact lists were distributed during the last party polls.
5. Anwar Ibrahim, the PKR president, denied that those aligned to him were involved in distributing the sex videos to the media and party leaders, stressing that slander cannot be remedied with slander.
6. DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang expressed his worry that the scandal could tear Pakatan Harapan apart.
7. Authorities are expected to retrieve four more bodies of Bateq villagers from Kampung Kuala Koh, which has been struck by a mystery illness.
8. Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng said Putrajaya may consider funding the Penang Transport Master Plan if an application is sent in by the Penang government.